Skip to main content

Conscious Brand: Wear Poly, Swimsuits from Fishing Nets

 
First up, I love the idea of upcycling and repurposing. Half my living space is furnished with gorgeous items other people have tossed out. To me, there is no 'throwing away' on this planet. Our trash can only be relocated or transformed into something more useful. Just because you can't see it anymore doesn't mean it's disappeared off the planet. I am making it my mission to find brands that share the same values and who contribute to enhancing life and the state of the planet. I would love to raise awareness that we have other choices to invest in where we can have a clear conscience as consumers and still get great product value. I'm scouring the globe for conscious brands to showcase to you.  
In the case of Cape Town swimwear brand, Poly, product creators Loren and Tracey, have taken to fabric made from recycled fishing nets sprawled across the bottom of the ocean floor, and transformed them into premium quality reversible swimsuits that have a clear conscience. And they've done an amazing job. The prints are cool, the colors are vibrant and bold, the fabric is strong and comfy, and everything they've used has a higher purpose. I also really like that nothing is without purpose on their garments. Even the product bag can be doubled up and used for a laundry bag.
 
For Every Woman
What makes me like Poly even more, is that they are completely body positive. Patrol their social media feeds to get a vibe for their ethos, and you'll quickly notice the female models used when shooting media to promote the brand features women of all shapes, sizes and colours, and every one of the women look amazing in the flattering cuts and designs of the various swimsuit options. From itty bitty string bikinis to full piece cozzies and sassy high-waisted bottoms, every woman is bound to find at least one style she not only feels comfortable in, but also completely gorgeous and feminine.

I took to the beaches of Zanzibar in my 'Sexier Riri' full piece, and 'Peachy Frida' high-waist bottoms with 'Racey Frida' top, and for the first time in a long time, I lived in my cozzies everyday of my two-week holiday and felt confident enough to walk around without covering up over the swimsuit.
Another fun element of the brand is how they've chosen strong famous women's names to represent the different styles. I find Poly to be a completely empowering brand for women and the environment.

International Shipping
The brand ships internationally too, so if you're in Africa, Europe, UK, or USA, you can wear Poly this summer where you are!
Contact Details
For more information or to see Poly's first collection, check out their website: www.wearpoly.com or find them on instagram or facebook @wearpoly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manifestation: From Science Fiction To Science Fact

  Photo By: Monique Grobler. So I'm teaching you about manifestation . That's my jam. But what is manifestation? I guess if I'm going to be teaching you about it, I should probably tell you what it is. Manifestation, in my own words, is a conscious creation process where what we desire to experience is brought into being energetically, by us and for us, through inner alignment with the emotional frequencies that the experiences vibrate with. This article begins to explain how manifestation is an energetic creation process, and what frequency and vibration has to do with us creating our desired experiences. Manifestation involves methods of consciousness and deliberateness, as well as transformation and some personal evolution that always comes down to self love at its core, to shift our limiting belief systems and how we perceive the world around us. For the framework of how manifestation works, first I'm laying some solid foundations backed by science,

Learn to Warp Time (It's really easy actually!)

It's been one of those weeks again where inspiration has left its presence unattended with regards to something to post this week, and where my mind has tried to take control and 'do' something about the massive gap looming in my scheduling posts. Although I have no product to offer you, I have still made a conscious choice to be committed and devoted to paying the wisdom and information forward that I have learnt, and I haven't missed a post in the 6 months I've been doing this channel. It's important to me that I live meaningfully and with purpose. Otherwise, why else am I here? Amongst all the doing in the physical world, I couldn't foresee 'time' to work on my blog past Thursday evening. From Friday morning onward, I had a jampacked calendar, and my last scheduled post was for Sunday morning, with nothing to post for Sunday night, and no 'time' to 'do' it either. I reminded myself to trust that inspiration always ar

Zanzibar: The Expectation Vs The Reality

Generally speaking, I'm a positive and optimistic person . I trust the process of life, and I have an easy time going with the flow. Usually. I wake up and set intentions daily for how my experiences will go, and I am a conscious and deliberate choice maker. Life has a way of throwing curve balls however. My time in Zanzibar did not unfold the way I thought it would and the experience was quite a challenge for me. It's the first time I have travelled since being fully awake and conscious, and due to a number of influencing factors, I compromised my values of intentional and deliberate living to go with the flow and accept what life wanted to show me from my time there. Language barrier, cultural differences, and doing what I thought was best to not respond to the environment like a spoiled, entitled 'western' brat because it was a temporary situation for me, but that is the local's lives permanently. These are just a few aspects that influenced how things