Skip to main content

Daily Thought: Getting Stuck In 'Do' Mode

Photo By: Monique Grobler
Current State of Affairs
I’m feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. And while I’m not complaining, I do feel it’s important to acknowledge that I’m choosing to consciously give myself a break. I’ve got a lot going on. A little too much I think, and it’s not giving me time with myself where I’m really having Quality Time with myself. Just me, and myself. No distractions. My full, unbridled attention, on me.

You might not know this, but I have a full-time day job from Monday to Friday from 9-5. I run the house I live in as a guesthouse, and this blog is my passion project so that I feel I am living with some purpose. I play sport twice a week and work on my blog in the evenings, and weekends are spent creating visual content and seeing people I vibe with.

When I started this blog, I didn’t have a job, or this house to host people from around the world, or anything really. A chasm between the old and the new after a major upgrade vibrationally. A waiting room before what was to come landed in my reality.

I had time and space to dig deep into my being and sing the words out, albeit through a keyboard. The words I wrote came from my heart, and I could flow from one moment to the next. I slept late every day, only got up when it was warm enough, took time preparing nutritious meals, and writing from my heart with the hours that filled my days. I was in flow. In my right brain. My feminine.

That was exactly a year ago. Now, my life is so full, and I seem to have caught myself in ‘doing’ mode. I have so much to do that when there’s a space in my time, I find other things to do. Instead of just allowing myself to be. I’m in exactly the opposite mode of where I was one year ago.

I don’t even have a gap to cook food, and now enjoy the convenience of health meals through a deli that I pop past and pick up every day. It saves me time shopping for groceries, cooking, and washing dishes after. On the weekend, I’ll make myself food. Generally, now I find that eating takes up an unreasonable amount of time. As does the preparation of it, and the cleaning up after.

And I’m not accessing deep space within me to write from my heart as a result. I’m in my mind about my blog. Banging away at my keyboard, churning out posts about science. Logic. Left brain. My inner Masculine. Some of you are enjoying it. Regardless… I seem to be in non-stop action mode. My masculine is in overdrive.

Wanna know how bad it is right now?

The other day, I managed to spontaneously end up in a tan can for five minutes, and do you think I could stand still, and just be in the warmth for five short minutes? No. I had to make the most of my free time and get squats in. Naked. In the tan can. There I was squatting up and down. And then off I dashed to the next task on my to-do list. After I put my clothes back on.

I feel this moment is a perfect opportunity for me to remind myself, as well as you, to allow yourself to just stop. And breathe. And be. For only five minutes. You don’t have to be doing something every minute of the day.

When was the last time you allowed yourself to ‘do’ nothing, and just ‘be’ entirely with yourself, inside your body, as a being? Not watching TV or with your attention engaged in something that distracts you from your inner world… but really spending quality time with yourself? Checking in with how you’re doing and feeling into what you need in that moment as a human, not a taskmaster.

Can we all just take a moment to check in with ourselves about how we’re doing with all the chaos fling around this week? And give yourself a break.

Click here to schedule a session with me online to explore your personal evolution or get personal guidance.⁠

I can assist you in learning to:⁠
*Raise your vibration, expand your consciousness, or manifest your desires.⁠
*Transform and become a conscious creator and choice maker.⁠
*Shift through your self-limiting beliefs and step into a fuller, more vibrant version of yourself, and live your happiest, healthiest, wealthiest, best life.⁠

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learn to Warp Time (It's really easy actually!)

It's been one of those weeks again where inspiration has left its presence unattended with regards to something to post this week, and where my mind has tried to take control and 'do' something about the massive gap looming in my scheduling posts. Although I have no product to offer you, I have still made a conscious choice to be committed and devoted to paying the wisdom and information forward that I have learnt, and I haven't missed a post in the 6 months I've been doing this channel. It's important to me that I live meaningfully and with purpose. Otherwise, why else am I here? Amongst all the doing in the physical world, I couldn't foresee 'time' to work on my blog past Thursday evening. From Friday morning onward, I had a jampacked calendar, and my last scheduled post was for Sunday morning, with nothing to post for Sunday night, and no 'time' to 'do' it either. I reminded myself to trust that inspiration always ar

Manifestation: From Science Fiction To Science Fact

  Photo By: Monique Grobler. So I'm teaching you about manifestation . That's my jam. But what is manifestation? I guess if I'm going to be teaching you about it, I should probably tell you what it is. Manifestation, in my own words, is a conscious creation process where what we desire to experience is brought into being energetically, by us and for us, through inner alignment with the emotional frequencies that the experiences vibrate with. This article begins to explain how manifestation is an energetic creation process, and what frequency and vibration has to do with us creating our desired experiences. Manifestation involves methods of consciousness and deliberateness, as well as transformation and some personal evolution that always comes down to self love at its core, to shift our limiting belief systems and how we perceive the world around us. For the framework of how manifestation works, first I'm laying some solid foundations backed by science,

Zanzibar: The Expectation Vs The Reality

Generally speaking, I'm a positive and optimistic person . I trust the process of life, and I have an easy time going with the flow. Usually. I wake up and set intentions daily for how my experiences will go, and I am a conscious and deliberate choice maker. Life has a way of throwing curve balls however. My time in Zanzibar did not unfold the way I thought it would and the experience was quite a challenge for me. It's the first time I have travelled since being fully awake and conscious, and due to a number of influencing factors, I compromised my values of intentional and deliberate living to go with the flow and accept what life wanted to show me from my time there. Language barrier, cultural differences, and doing what I thought was best to not respond to the environment like a spoiled, entitled 'western' brat because it was a temporary situation for me, but that is the local's lives permanently. These are just a few aspects that influenced how things